BY Azuka Ogujiuba
It was all glitz at the Exquisite Women of the Year (ELOY) Awards 2017 which took place at Intercontinental hotel, Lagos on Sunday, November 26, 2017. The ELOY Awards holds every year to celebrate women who have been exceptional in all their endeavours and in various fields during the course of the year. This yearâ€™s being the 9th edition was no different as the ELOY Awards hosted and celebrated Nigerian women from all walks of life. The event started with the Red carpet at 5pm, with the entry point beautifully occupied by some of their sponsors to showcase their craft.
There was a beauty lounge by Dabota Cosmetics with lots of freebies and free makeovers; Instant Pick Up had a stand where they informed guests about their services, and gave five hampers to lucky guests during the course of the event; Mamador Oil had a stand where they treated guests to delicious chicken drum sticks and snails fried on the spot with Mamador Oil; Martini and Coca-Cola also had their mini bars where they served guests.
Top designer, Ayo Van Elmar also showcased her pieces all over the entry way with beautifully adorned mannequins.
The event proper started with an opening prayer, then an opening speech from the brain behind ELOY Awards, Mrs. Tewa Onasanya after which she unveiled the new ELOY Awards Logo. There were performances by Ruby Gyang and Aramide between the awards, while Sunkanmi closed the show with an amazing performance.
ELOY Awards Winners 2017 are:
1. Fashion Designer of The Year, Bisola Adeniyi â€“ Lady Bida
2. On Air Personality, Moet Abebe â€“ Sound City Fm; Adeyinka â€“ R2 Fm Ibadan
3. Blogger of The Year, Oma Ehiri â€“ Sotectonic.Com
4. Events Company Sponsored By Subzero-Trends; Dunamis Events â€“ Funbi Akinyosoye
5. Make Up Artist, Misz Poshmua â€“ Linda Onyinye Chukwuka
6. Tv Presenter (Terrestrial And Online Tv), Idia Aisien â€“ Style 101 Show, Spice Tv
7. Actress Big Screen, Toyin Abraham â€“ Alakada Reloaded
8. Female Social Entrepreneur, Abisoye Ajayi â€“ Akinfolarin – Girl Coding (Pearl Africa Foundation)
9. Female Youtuber, Sisi Yemmie
10. Tv Actress (Terrestial And Online Tv), Abimbola Craig â€“ Skinny Girl In Transit â€“ Ndani Tv
11. Female Chef / Food Designer Sponsored By Mamador, Bukky Tinko â€“ The Kitchen Muse
12. Beauty Entrepreneur, Good Hair Limited
13. Female Movie Director, Kemi Adetiba â€“ The Wedding Party
14. Female Music Artist of The Year, Symply Simi – Joromi
15. Eloy Woman Who Inspires Award in Tourism, Chiamaka Obuekwe
16. Eloy Woman Who Inspires in The Public Sector, Chinyere Anokuru.