Obiano Inaugurates N6bn Mall in Onitsha

0

Charles Onyekamuo in Awka

Anambra State Governor, Chief Willie Obiano on Thursday inaugurated a shopping mall, which was built at a cost of N6 billion in Onitsha, the commercial hub of the State.

The Shopping complex sitting on a land area of about 12,000 square meters was initiated by the immediate past administration of Mr. Peter Obi, which did about 40 per cent of the construction job before the end of his second tenure in office.

The mall, which has 12,000 shops to let, 70 line stores and 500 parking slots, is a product of a joint venture between Anambra State Government and Capital Alliance Nigeria.

The mall already has such known business names like Dr. Yinka Lesi’s Sensodyne, SWAN, UAC, SLOT, and Shoprite among others announcing their presence.

Speaking during the inauguration, the Managing Director of capital Alliance Nigeria, Mr. Osita Okonkwo noted that Anambra State is investment and investor-friendly and a place for any serious investor.
The company also urged Anambra people to take advantage of the opportunities provided by the mall, adding that it will provide about 1,000 jobs to Nigerians.

In his speech, Obiano said that on assumption of office he met the project already done at 40 per cent, adding that his administration invested the remaining 60 per cent to complete it.

The Governor said he decided to refer the project to Anambra State Investment Promotion and Protection Agency (ANSIPPA) when it was stalled to find a way of bringing life to it.
According to him, it took his administration 24 months excluding the six months of work under Obi to complete the project.