By Sunday Ehigiator
The National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) has confirmed that three persons have lost their lives in a gas explosion which occured at Ajao Estate Area of Lagos State.
The incident which occured on Tuesday night, was also said to have left several persons injured and properties destroyed.
According to the National Emergency Management Agency (NEMA) Zonal Coordinator South West, Mr Ibrahim Farinloye, the explosion occured at a panel beater’s shop while he was was trying top up his Oxycytelene flame popularly known as cabad’s cylinder.
The “panel beater’s gas exploded at about 6:58pm in his workshop near, a roll of 12 shops at Palm groove Estate, Ajao, Lagos State.
“The incident led to the death of three persons and rescue of two others. One of them was immediately resuscitated while the other is in the hospital with severe burns.
“Seven shops were partially affected. The explosion occurred while the technician was trying to up his Oxycytelene flame popularly known as cabad’s cylinder.”
Earlier, THISDAY gathered from eyewitness that rescue operations were hampered by large crowd who trooped to the site after the explosion had erupted.
Findings further revealed that the explosion left bodies mangled and dismembered in the rubbles left behind.