By Sunday Ehigiator
A staff of the Lagos State Fire Service, Adeleke Ajenifuja, is currently receiving treatment, after being caught in harms way in the line of duty, as Mateco, a Slippers manufacturing company, based in Odogunyan, Ikorodu was engulfed by fire.
The inferno which destroyed some of the raw materials used in the slippers company broke out Wednesday, but was however put out by combined efforts of Emergency responders.
A statement by the Public Affairs Officer of Lagos State Emergency Management Agency, LASEMA, Mr Nosa Okunbor, confirmed the incident.
He said, “LASEMA and its first responders extinguished the fire that broke out at Mateco Slippers Company Odogunyan Ikorodu”.
According to him, no life was lost during the fire outbreak which he said the cause was yet to be ascertained.
“No lives were lost, nor injuries sustained at the scene of the incident but some of the raw materials used in the slippers company were destroyed as a result of the inferno.
“The fire was put out by men of the Lagos State Fire Service, and dampening down concluded.”
However, a Staff of the Lagos State Fire Service from Odogunyan Division identified as Mr Ajenifuja sustained minor injury due to smoke inhalation while his team was combating the inferno.