UNILORIN Post UTME Screening: 64% Candidates Make Cut-Off Mark
Hammed Shittu in Ilorin
The University of Ilorin has disclosed that over 64 per cent of the candidates who sat for its post Universal Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) made the cut-off point and are eligible for admission.
The Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Academic) of the University, Prof. Sylvia Malomo, stated this in Ilorin while speaking with journalists on the ongoing screening exercise of the institution.
She said that 2018/2019 admission process into the University was underway, with 25,145 of the 39,289 candidates that took part in the post-UTME screening scoring above 50 per cent.
She noted that the post-UTME was held between Monday and Thursday last week at both the Ilorin and Lagos centres.
According to her, this figure represents about 64 per cent of the candidates adding that more than 40, 000 candidates registered for the screening, out of which a total of 39,289 showed up for the four-day exercise.
Malomo said those candidates that missed the test during their stipulated time were given the opportunity to write the test on Thursday, August 30 in a mop-up exercise, which brought the screening to a close.
The DVC expressed satisfaction over the peaceful conduct of the exercise and added that the University made provisions for students who had health issues and could not write the test during the stipulated four days to visit “Help Desk” on the University website.
Also commenting on the screening, the Chairman of the Computer-Based Test (CBT) Committee, University of Ilorin, Prof. Babalola Raji, said that the exercise could be rated as very successful, as it was stress free.
Raji said that about 10,000 candidates were accommodated on each day of the exercise at the two centres.
The CBT committee chairman said the attendance was near 99 per cent and was conducted using over 100 staff members.