By James Sowole in Akure
Barely a week after gunmen abducted would-be couple in Akoko area of Ondo State, five persons have again been reportedly seized by gunmen in the state.
The abductees, who were travellers from Lagos, were abducted byÂ gunmen in Oba Akoko, Akoko South-West Local Government Area of Ondo State last Friday.
The identity of the victims were yet to be known as at the time of filling this report but it was certain that they were travelers.
According to a source, the victims were reportedly coming from Lagos State in a Highlander SUV and heading to Abuja before they were kidnapped in Ondo State on the fateful day.
However , the Ondo State Police Command said it rescued three out of the new kidnap victims last Saturday while two victims who were abducted last week were also freed.
The Public Relations Officer of the command, Mr. Femi Joseph, said the men of the command swung into action after being informed about the activities of the kidnappers and they were able to rescue the victims.
He said; â€œWe are able to rescue Moses Yakubu and Mark Shaibu who were kidnapped while going for a wedding ceremony last week,
â€œWe also rescued three female victims who were kidnapped last Friday on the way to Abuja, efforts are ongoing to rescue the remaining victims and we are closing in on the kidnappers. We are going to get them very soon.â€