It was a tragic situation in Omu-Aran in Irepodun Local Government Council of Kwara State on Wednesday when a 20-year-old senior secondary school student, Moji Agboola, reportedly died after she allegedly drank a substance believed to be poison. THISDAY investigations revealed that, the deceased, an SS1 student in a community school in the area, was said to have been treated at a private hospital in the town where she was rushed to by her mother about three weeks ago.
It was gathered that, the deceased was said to have poisoned herself as a result of her failure to progress to the next class following her poor performance in the last promotion examination. Sources close to the ancient town told journalists in Ilorin yesterday that her crisis was said to have begun when the effect of the poison she took started to manifest at about 5p.m. on the fateful day.
The deceased, it was gathered also taken to Christ Apostolic Church, Ori-Oke Irapada, along Omu-Aran-Ilofa road for prayers and deliverance. The prophet in-charge of the church, Christopher Owolabi, said the church had to organised a prayer team for the deceased before she was returned to another private hospital in the town for further treatment.
It was in that private hospital that she was confirmed dead. The mother of the deceased, Abigael, according to the source, was said to have cried profusely at her residence around Latinwo area of the town yesterday morning. She said a younger brother to the deceased had earlier confronted her on the morning of the incidence when he saw the bottle containing the poison in her hands. “It was the boy who first gave us the clue to her sickness before she later confessed to the act at the hospital,” Abigael narrated.