By Segun James
Contrary to trending videos showing fatalities during the shooting of peaceful protesters by soldiers at Lekki Tollgate Tuesday night, Governor of Lagos state, Mr. Babajide Sanwo-Olu, has said that nobody died in the shootout.
In a state broadcast Wednesday morning, the governor, however, ordered that flags in public buildings in Lagos shouldbe flown at half-mast in solidarity with the victims of the #EndSARS protests.
He admitted that several youths were wounded at the Lekki tollgate by soldiers, but added that only two had injuries that required surgery.
He said three victims had already been discharged from the hospitals where they were treated.
Meanwhile, Sanwo-Olu said the nation’s main ports in Lagos, Apapa and Tincan ports, were attacked by hoodlums who attempted to enter the complexes. He said the invaders were however repelled.