School to Confirm Abduction of Students, Says Military 

0
By Michael Olugbode in Damaturu
The military has said it is waiting for the authorities of Government Girls Secondary School, Dipcha in Yobe State to ascertain if any student was abducted from the school.
Speaking on the phone to THISDAY on Wednesday, the spokesman of the military counter-insurgency operation in the North-east (Operation Lafiya Dole), Col. Onyema Nwachukwu, said troops have been deployed in Dipcha to bring back normalcy and go after the marauding insurgents.
He said the military could not say for now if there was any abduction in the school as it was still waiting for the school authorities to make a roll call and check through the school register to ascertain if there was any student missing.
Nwachukwu said it was also gathered that some of the students who have relatives in the town ran home when gunshots were heard.
He said: “The Dapchi incident is a quite unfortunate one. The information so far received is that the principal of the school had dispersed the students on hearing sporadic shooting before the insurgents arrived the school premises.
“Many of the students some of whom are indigenous had scurried to safety in different directions. So far no destruction of property or killing has been reported but there were cases of looting of food and provisions. Our troops have moved into the community and are on the trail of the insurgents.”
Details later…