Osun Guber: APC Candidate, Oyebamiji Visits Tinubu At State House

.Says party reviewing results, to announce next move shortly 

.Tasks supporters to remain calm, amid fresh attacks on party members

Deji Elumoye in Abuja 

The All Progressives Congress (APC) candidate in the August 15, 2026 governorship poll in Osun State, Asiwaju Bola Oyebamiji, yesterday met with his party’s national leader, President Bola Tinubu at the State House, Abuja.

Speaking with journalists after the closed-door meeting, Oyebamiji popularly known as AMBO, said his party is presently reviewing the outcome of the election and will soon make its next line of action known after completing its assessment.

Oyebamiji, who lost the election to incumbent Governor Ademola Adeleke of Accord Party, 

explained that the party had not reached a final decision on the election, urging its members and supporters to remain calm while the review continues.

He said, “For now, the APC is still examining the books, and by the time we spread our sheets, we’ll be able to get back to the public on what our own opinions and what decisions we want to take, but the take home is that they should be calm.”

Though Oyebamiji did not disclose the specific issues being examined by the APC or state whether the party was contemplating a legal challenge to the outcome, he, however, said its position would be communicated to the public after the exercise.

Oyebamiji emphasised that whatever decisions taken from the review, peace must remain paramount, describing government and politics as ultimately being about the welfare of the people.

“The most important thing is to run every election with peaceful mind. It is important for us that we Nigerians have to know that government is about people, and it’s about people, and it’s about people, and because it’s about people, it is important that we need to be peaceful and I want to appeal to our people in Osun that they need to be peaceful,” he said.

The APC candidate also raised concerns over what he called continuing attacks on APC members in Osun following the election.

He appealed directly to Governor Adeleke to call his supporters to order, warning that post-election violence could undermine peace in the state.

“I want to advise the governor that it’s important for him to talk to his people. Violence against our people is not too good, and he needs to talk to them so that each and every one of us can be on the same page.”

On allegations of attacks on APC members which he had raised in his initial reaction to the election results, Oyebamiji claimed that fresh incidents were recorded on Friday morning.

According to him, between four and five people were attacked in his hometown, Ikire, adding that security agencies had been notified.

“Well, yes. Even as at this morning, in my own village, Ikire, some were attacked; about four, five people were attacked. We have informed the security operatives accordingly. That’s what I have to say about that,” Oyebamiji said.

Despite the allegations, the APC candidate repeatedly appealed to his supporters to remain peaceful while awaiting the party’s decision on the election.

Oyebamiji’s meeting with the President came a day after the Osun Governor was received by the President at the State House.

Adeleke had, after Thursday’s closed-door meeting, thanked Tinubu for his commitment to a free and fair electoral process in Osun.

Related Articles