By John Shiklam
Kaduna state has recorded three new cases of COVID-19 in the state.
The commissioner for health, Dr. Amina Baloni, disclosed this in a statement on Wednesday in Kaduna.
She also disclosed that one of the patients from the earlier six cases recorded had been discharged, bringing the total of those discharged to five.
With the three new cases, the state have four cases of the disease.
The commissioner said among the three fresh cases, is a 23 year old male who came into the state from Istanbul via Dubai sometime in March.
Baloni said the second patient is 51 year old male who was tested in Samaru, Sabon-Gari local government area, after coming in from Kano.
According to the commissioner, the third patient, a 42 year old male, from Anguwan Geza, Kaduna, had earlier travelled to Kano.
‘’These new cases reflect the danger that interstate travels pose to efforts to contain Covid-19.
Such travels spread the virus from place to place, complicate contact tracing and risk implanting the virus in communities,” she said.
The commissioner said the lockdown which mandates “people to stay at home is based on the logic that during a pandemic, the less contact there is with others, the safer everyone is.’’
The statement warned residents to avoid interstate travels and to promptly report to the authorities any person who has recently travelled from an affected state and develops symptoms of cough, fever or sore throat.
Baloni said ‘’such reports can be made to the COVID -19 Call Centre in Kaduna State, on the following numbers: 08051217710, 09058008251, 08118588175, 08118588176 and 09032102632.’’
She reiterated ‘’the importance of hand-washing, personal hygiene, social distancing and the avoidance of large gatherings in helping protect us all from Covid-19. It is important to stay home, stay safe and save lives. ‘’