EFCC Raid: Obanikoro Addresses $2.7 Billion Arms Allegation, Welcomes Extradition Process

0
*Says Buhari’s government characterised by ethnic division, economic illiteracy

By Chiemelie Ezeobi

Following last Tuesday’s raid of the Ikoyi, Lagos, homes of former Minister of State for Defence, Senator Musiliu Obanikoro, he said on Wednesday that the allegations of his involvement in the $2.1 billion arms deal was based solely on rumours.

Obanikoro, who had earlier responded to the raid during which his cars and valuables were carted away by the agency, through his media aide, Jonathan Eze, however decided to address the incident personally.

In a series of chats on his official Facebook page on Wednesday, he said the raid by the EFCC was purely based first on rumours of his supposed involvement in the 2.1 billion dollars arms deal and secondly, the National Security Adviser’s imprest account.

He said, “Suggestions of an EFCC investigation have dwelt solely in the realm of rumour, over which I have sued several media organisations to court.

“The rumour before was that of a $2.7billion arms issue; now they say it is NSA imprest account. Let them make the documents public

“EFCC has never officially made public any investigation of my record in government at any time before this illegal invasion of my house.”
FURTHER DETAILS LATER