1. That we have taken due cognizance of recent developments on the political scene across the Country, and we fully align ourselves with the steps taken by the National Chairman Comrade Adams Oshiomhole and the National leadership of the APC, to address the challenges.
2. That the recent defections are normal and in some cases, expected in a nascent democracy such as ours, especially in an election year. In particular, we believe that the recent defections have made our Party stronger by reason of a reduction in the number of Presidential aspirants and the attendant tension that goes with competitive primaries.
3. We fully support the efforts of our National Chairman to pacify and redress genuine grievances, and to let go those whose demands are driven essentially by selfish personal and divisive interests that are designed to polarize and factionalize our Party the APC.
4. Consequently, in Edo State, we recognize that there are ardent and passionate members of our Party who are legitimately aggrieved and we have put machinery in place to reach out to them. However, there exist in our midst, fifth columnists who are inconsolable arising from their selfish personal interest; for these ones, we are resolved to adopt the position of the National Chairman and let them go their way.
5. Finally, we hereby re-affirm our vote of implicit confidence in the government of President Muhammadu Buhari, GCFR and the leadership of Comrade Adams Oshiomhole.
State Publicity Secretary,
APC, Edo State