- as Chikatara’s celebrated transfer to Wydad fall flat
The bitter row between two agencies representing Manchester City starlet Kelechi Iheanacho is expected to drag on till September, following a sharp disagreement between the parties laying claim to the interest of the Super Eagles forward.
According to Africanfootball.com, the hearing of the case before the England FA was slated for May 9, but up till now what has happened have being arguments and defences by the agencies involved – Stellar Group who are based in the United Kingdom and First Eleven from the USA.
“The longer this case drags the better it is for Manchester City and bad for the player,” one of the interested parties told AfricanFootball.com
Recently, First Eleven tabled a new Manchester City that will pay the Nigeria youngster 50,000 pounds a week, but it was later learnt the other agents told the player they could clinch him a much better deal.
First Eleven are arguing that Iheanacho breached his subsisting contract with them by agreeing to work with Stellar Group.
In a related development and what seems to be a season of failed contract agreement for Nigerian young stars, as Abia Warriors chairman Emeka Inyama has disclosed that the Nigeria league club have cancelled an agreement they signed with Moroccan club Wydad Casablanca for striker Chisom Chikatara.
Earlier this year, Chikatara agreed to join Wydad on a three-year contract that would have paid Abia Warriors $500,000 with the player netting a salary of $250,000 a year.
Wydad had also agreed to be paying the striker salary immediately the agreement was signed, but they failed to do so.
However, Inyama first hinted AfricanFootball.com last week that the deal was heading for the rocks as the Moroccans were yet to pay the club and player any dime.
“The deal with Wydad is cancelled,” Inyama told AfricanFootball.com
The decision of Abia Warriors comes at a time when the chairman said there has been renewed interest in the striker who shone at the last CHAN in Rwanda.
“There is a renewal of interest in the player as we have received offers from all over Europe for him now – Austria, Germany, among other countries,” he informed.
“We will study these offers before we decide on the boy’s future.”