EPL:Vardy Faces Further Ban after FA Charge


Leicester City striker Jamie Vardy has been charged with improper conduct by the Football Association following his red card in Sunday’s 2-2 Premier League draw with West Ham.

The England forward was given a second yellow card for simulation after going to ground in the penalty area following a tangle of legs with Angelo Ogbonna.

Vardy was incensed with referee Jon Moss and was alleged to have sworn at the official before leaving the pitch.
The 29-year-old will miss Leicester’s next game at home to Swansea City but could now also face a longer suspension, meaning he could sit out the trip to face Manchester United at Old Trafford on May 1.

Leicester has also been issued a charge of failing to control their players after their reaction to the awarding of West Ham’s penalty in the 83rd minute, which came about after Wes Morgan was adjudged to have pulled back Winston Reid.

“Leicester City’s Jamie Vardy has been charged with improper conduct for his behaviour following his second half dismissal against West Ham United on Sunday,” an FA statement confirmed yesterday.
“Leicester has also been charged for failing to control their players following the awarding of an 83rd minute penalty to West Ham.

“Both the player and the club have until 6pm on Thursday 21 April 2016 to reply to their charge.”

Vardy’s dismissal was one of a number of controversial incidents during the draw, in which Leonardo Ulloa equalised from the spot deep into injury time after Andy Carroll was adjudged to have pushed over Jeffrey Schlupp.

Carroll accused Moss of trying to “even out” the match after the dismissal of Vardy and penalty to West Ham caused uproar among the home fans inside the King Power Stadium.

Chelsea striker Diego Costa was given a two-game ban after admitting to a charge of improper conduct following a similar incident during Chelsea’s FA Cup exit to Everton in March.

The Spain international remonstrated with referee Michael Oliver on the pitch after receiving a second booking, prompting the FA to issue an additional one-match suspension, a fine of £20,000 and a warning over his future conduct.