Yinka Kolawole in Osogbo.
A middle-aged man identified as Ismaheel Dauda was electrocuted while attempting to reconnect a disconnected line.

In the last four months, three lives have been lost through electrocution within Osogbo metropolis alone, mainly caused by the authorised access to public electric installations.

Sources around Odeyemi compound, Kolawole Area, Osogbo, told THISDAY that Dauda, a radio repairer in the area, was approached by his friend whose residence was disconnected by IBEDC officials to help reconnect the building.

The victim, who is survived by an aged mother, wife and a son, it was gathered, had initially refused to help his friend.

However, he later agreed and rented a metal ladder for the assignment.

“Few minutes after climbing the pole, he got electrocuted but unfortunately, those around did not know.

However, some men drinking at a joint near the scene saw that the man was no longer moving and raised alarm.

“They started shaking the pole and the man later fell on a container before crashing his head on ground. It was very sad development that sent the entire area into panic”, an eyewitness said.