Wada Discharged from Hospital

02 Jan 2013

Views: 1,845

Font Size: a / A

up0201213-Idris-Wada.jpg - up0201213-Idris-Wada.jpg

Idris Wada

Chuks Okocha  and George Okoh

Kogi State Governor, Captain Idris Wada, has been discharged from a private hospital where he had been receiving treatment for injuries he sustained in a ghastly car accident on December 28, 2012.

THISDAY learnt Tuesday that Wada was discharged from Cedar Crest Hospital, located in Garki II, and has since relocated to a private residence in Abuja in continuation of his treatment.

The governor was involved in an auto crash while returning from his hometown, Ayingba, where he had attended the 2012 Igala summit.

In the auto crash that claimed the life of his aide-de-camp, Assistant Superintendent of Police, Idris Mohammed, the governor suffered a fracture on his femur (thigh bone), while his driver, Jibril Isah, was injured but is receiving treatment at the state Specialist Hospital, Lokoja.

THISDAY gathered that Wada was discharged yesterday at about 11p.m.
It was learnt that the decision to discharge him was to give him some privacy and enable him to rest due to the influx of visitors to the hospital to sympathise with him.

When THISDAY visited the hospital yesterday, all the plain-clothes security officials and riot policemen who had been deployed at the hospital to beef up security around the governor had been withdrawn.

A source said the governor “was moved out of the hospital on Monday night at about 11p.m.”

But he refused to disclose the governor’s new location, saying his discharge was carried out with the knowledge of the hospital authorities.

Another source said Wada was moved out of the hospital to a private location.
He said: “The governor moved into his car by himself.”

Before his discharge from the hospital, one of his last visitors was President Goodluck Jonathan, who spent about 15 minutes with the governor in his ward before he returned to the State House.

The hospital’s Chief Medical Director (CMD), Dr. Felix Ogedengbe, during the President’s visit, had hinted that the governor would be discharged “in a few days.”

He told journalists after the president’s departure that Wada was recuperating and would be discharged from the hospital “in a few days.”

He said the governor “is already doing step-climbing. He is doing very well at the moment. You know it was a severe injury. We have continued to watch out for any other problem that he might have but at this stage, we have not seen any other problem at all.

“From the medical point of view, he is quite healthy and he should be ready to go back home in a couple of days. I can only at this stage tell you that he will be ready to go back home in a few days but I won’t be able to tell you specifically which day. He is not going to be in the hospital for weeks, he does not need to be here for weeks.”

Earlier, Nasarawa State Governor, Alhaji Tanko Almakura, has expressed shock over the accident involving Wada, when he paid an unscheduled visit to him at the Cedarcrest Hospital in Abuja.

He sympathised with the government and people of the state over the accident that claimed the life of the state governor’s Aide-de-Camp (ADC), Mohamed.

It was gathered that the injured governor, who suffered a fractured thigh, was said to be recuperating fast during Almakura’s the visit.
Responding, Wada thanked Almakura and the people of Nasarawa State for sympathising with him.

Tags: Nigeria, Featured, News, Idris Wada, Hospital

Comments: 0


Add your comment

Please leave your comment below. Your name will appear next to your comment. We'll also keep you updated by email whenever someone else comments on this page. Your comment will appear on this page once it has been approved by a moderator.

comments powered by Disqus