Senator Aliyu Mohammed Ndume
I am happy that at last, there is a face to the deadly Islamic sect terrorizing the entire nation now.
Oh, there is a face? Whose face? Abu Quaqua?
No, we have always known of Abu Quaqua. I am talking about the Distinguished Senator Aliyu Mohammed Ndume.
Please spare me, what is distinguished about a terrorist sponsor?
Remember it is only an accusation. Nothing has been confirmed.
Not exactly so. The courts have confirmed that Senator Ndume has a case to answer. That a link has been established between Boko Haram and Ndume. That he was a sponsor of the activities of the deadly sect. That he usually gets to know of targets listed for attacks.
But he denied ever disclosing vital classified information to the Boko Haram and so cannot be properly accused of being behind the activities of the sect.
That is not the point. Don’t you worry why a man elected by an entire senatorial district would connive with a clan of killers and destroyers to be holding interaction and he keeps all that secret, even as a top government functionary? And do you know that this same man was appointed into the presidential committee to combat security challenges in the North east. This same man quickly helped to form Borno Elders Forum (BEF). And from all the information he gets from these bodies, he allegedly divulges to the Boko Haram thus making all government’s counter plans to fail. What kind of sabotage is that?
How open can he be about his interface with the sect? Did you not hear him when he revealed that even the Vice President , Arch. Namadi Sambo, the number 2 citizen of the country is completely aware of his moves, relationships and romance with Boko Haram.
It is a mere allegation. Ndume is a drowning man. He wants to pull down as many people as possible. And the bigger the better. I can tell you that is his ploy. Otherwise, how can he claim that the Vice President of the country is surreptitiously involved in terrorism? Can you imagine!
He did not say Sambo is involved. Please don’t misrepresent him. He said Sambo is completely aware of what he’s been doing with Boko Haram.
That means that Vice President Sambo is privy to the activities of the sect. And he concealed vital information that could lead to the dismantling of the sect from government.
That is why we want him charged along with Ndume, for him to explain what he knows about the activities of the sect as well. After all, what is good for the goose is good for the ganders.
You are talking nonsense. You want to arraign a serving Vice President of the Federal Republic because of Boko Haram? You never heard of immunity?
What immunity are you talking about in the face of the daily pogrom in the north? In any case, did President Jonathan himself not say last year that there are Boko Haram members in his government, in his cabinet, in the armed forces, in the civil service and everywhere around him? Does that not thus agree with the allegation of Ndume?
Are you implying that Architect Namadi Sambo is a Boko Haram member?
Please don’t put words in my mouth, I never said any such thing. All I am saying is that the allegation by Ndume should not be swept under the carpet. The SSS claimed that they were not briefed to investigate Sambo. Why not? He may not be prosecuted, but he can be investigated. The late Gani Fawehinmi proved that point against then governor of Lagos State, Bola Ahmed Tinubu. So what is wrong in investigating what Ndume has alleged and then file away the findings until the appropriate time?
But the government is determined to ensure that the prosecution runs through. Remember that Ndume was arrested November 21 last year, detained for 26 days before he was granted bail. Government is not lying low on the matter. I can assure you that on this matter, where the unity of the nation is being threatened, will not be joked with.
Hmmmm, may the Good Lord save Nigeria.