Damaged buildings after the earthquake
Relief operations are under way in Iran after two strong earthquakes in the north-west left at least 250 people and more than 2,000 injured.
The 6.4 and 6.3 quakes struck near Tabriz and Ahar on Saturday afternoon, with more than 55 aftershocks reported over the following hours.
More than 100 villages are damaged - thousands of people spent the night in emergency shelters or in the open.
Relief agencies are providing survivors with tents, bread and drinking water.
The BBC's Mohsen Asgari, in the capital Tehran, says hundreds of people were rescued overnight but that the aftershocks made the operation exhausting work.
On Sunday, Hassan Ghadami, Iran's deputy interior minister, said that "all those under debris have been rescued and the quake-stricken people are now being provided with their basic needs," the official Fars news agency reported.
"We hope that the death toll will not increase any more."
Local officials said all the reported deaths have been in rural areas, an indication of the poorer quality of housing outside urban areas.
"This village is a mass grave," said Alireza Haidaree, who had been searching for survivors in his home of Baje Baj.
"There are so many other villages that have been completely destroyed," he told AFP. Locals said 33 of the villages 414 residents had died.
"The quake has created huge panic among the people," one resident of Tabriz told the BBC. "Everyone has rushed to the streets and the sirens of ambulances are everywhere."
The towns of Haris and Varzaqan in East Azerbaijan province in north-western Iran were among those that suffered casualties, local crisis committee chief Khalil Saei told state TV according to the Associated Press.
Fars reported that about 110 villages had been damaged, at least four totally flattened and 60 others sustained extensive damage.
Reports say phone lines to many villages were cut off, confining rescuers to radio contact.
"The magnitude of the disaster is so huge that officials are just managing to get enough people in from other provinces to help out," one Iranian Red Crescent worker told the AFP news agency.
Dozens of families spent the night outdoors in parks, and television showed footage of bodies lying on the floor of a morgue in Ahar, including those of children.
Sixty-six rescue teams have been sent to the affected region, along with about 200 ambulances and five helicopters.
As morning came, search teams with sniffer dogs began working through the wreckage in Tabriz.
There were reports that in some areas many of the victims were women, who had been inside homes preparing evening meals to break the Ramadan fast.