Articles

Firm Justifies Introduction of New Range of Supplements

08 Nov 2012

Views: 1,278

Font Size: a / A

Pharmacy-Plus-Ltd.jpg - Pharmacy-Plus-Ltd.jpg

An indigenous pharmaceutical company, Pharmacy Plus Ltd has said that its decision to introduce Reload range of multivitamins into the Nigerian market is to increase the level of required food supplements and boost the current poor consumption of important vitamins in Nigeria.

The Chief Operating Officer of the company, Mr. Obi Chukwuemeka spoke about the importance of taking multivitamins, saying,  “they are needed to keep the body healthy, to prevent future health problems, to supplement one’s diet (especially with poor feeding), and to fuel the body with energy and strength.”

“Reload contains 24 fruits and vegetables. Taking one tablet daily would give you all the nutrients you need on a daily basis. Taking it in the morning will keep you ‘Reloaded’ for the entire day.’’ He said.

According to him, eating right is a big problem that cuts across both the rich and the poor classes in the country and the company understands that as human beings grow there is a resultant change in the nutritional requirements.

In the same vein, the President of the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN), Mr Azubuike Okwor recommended Reload range of multivitamins to Nigerians, saying it is duly registered and certified by the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC).

Okwor said: ‘’I have used the product and I have no hesitation recommending it to men, women and to kids’’. He added that the product is a beautiful inclusion to a market that is fraught with unsafe drugs - a problem that is currently a focus for the society.  Also speaking at the media launch, Mr. Jimi Agbaje,  explained the role of Reload multivitamin in the diet of Nigerians. He said, “70 per cent of Nigerians are living in poverty which makes it difficult for them to take a balanced diet, while the remaining 30 per cent tend to eat more of one group of nutrients against another and that is why they need to supplement to gain what they lack in nutrients through multivitamins such as the Reload.”

The Reload brand is specially formed to cater to the nutritional needs of everyone irrespective of age and gender. “As pharmacists, we understand that as human beings evolve, the nutritional needs evolve. The nutritional needs of a child are much different from that of a man and it is not the same as those of women.” Agbaje said.

Tags: Health, Pharmacy Plus Ltd

Comments: 0

Rating: 

 (0)
Add your comment

Please leave your comment below. Your name will appear next to your comment. We'll also keep you updated by email whenever someone else comments on this page. Your comment will appear on this page once it has been approved by a moderator.

comments powered by Disqus