Anders Behring Breivik
Norwegian terror suspect Anders Behring Breivik may have filmed his massacre of 69 people on Utoya island, Norwegian police have said.
The claim comes amid a series of revelations about the killings, with police admitting they could have taken a much quicker route to the island, reports Sky News.
Oslopolice chief of staff, Johan Fredriksen also conceded officers could have called on a rescue helicopter.
But he denied claims the aircraft could have transported snipers in time to make a difference or that it would have ensured a faster arrival on the island for specialist terror police.
Oslopolice lawyer, Christian Hatlo said Breivik had made references to having filmed his entire 72-minute killing spree.
The shootings came just hours after a bomb blast in the capital he is also suspected of, which left 10 people dead.
"We have information from his manifesto and from earlier interrogations indicating that he did have a camera," Hatlo said.
He said evidence at Breivik's home suggested he had a camera and had intended to film the attacks.
"We are looking for his camera but have not found anything so far," he said.
But police do not rule out the possibility the video of the killings may still be on Utoya and are continuing to search for that and other evidence all over the small island in Tyrifjorden.
Hundreds of computers, cameras, phones and other items have been found, but with more than 600 people on the island police have a huge amount of material to trawl through.
Breivik referred to plans to film the attacks in his manifesto, saying he would send the films to between 10 and 12 newsrooms in the hope some would publish the footage.
"Unfortunately, the upload and submission via e-mail could take at least three to seven hours, so it is not an option because of technological limitations," he wrote.
Meanwhile, Fredriksen told a press conference a boat carrying police could have taken the shorter 700-metre journey to Utoya from the mainland.
He said the decision to depart instead from Storoya island - just over two miles away - was made by local police, who have refused to comment on the matter.
But Fredriksen denied claims a helicopter with snipers could have got to Utoya in eight minutes following the July 22 attacks.
"I request that you are all careful when it comes to speculation that lives could have been saved if we did things differently," he said.
"That is for the inquiry to look into. I feel that we did everything in our power to handle this in the best possible way."
Officials had initially stated that a total of 91 people had been killed in the twin attacks.